Claude Monet
Water-Lilies
after 1916
The series of "Water Lilies" are the most representative work by painting master Claude Monet in his later life.
Monet(14 November 1840 – 5 December 1926) is one of the impressionism originator.The series paintings of "Water Lilies" are the most impressive works to the most of the public. From 1890, Monet started to establish a Japanese-style water-garden in his own garden, which is mean, the lilies in the paintings are planted by him, and the garden became the nature studio to him.
There are many reasons why I chose Monet's Water Lilies from a mass of artists' works. Firstly, I have studied Fine Art for 3 years before my media foundation course. Therefore, oil paintings or some art works which are classical and with traditional skills will more attract me. Secondly, due to the last reason, I have copied many Monet's work and I have done may research about him in order to feeling the sprit of his works and also for enhance my painting skills. Lastly, personally I more like something with romantic elements. It can be from the theory, style and the colour.
This is a real good opportunity to me that I can see Mote's original painting. It truly brings more things I can learn. For example, the painting skills. I can exactly see that Monet how to deal with the colour and texture of lilies and water, why they can reveal a harmonious atmosphere. In my opinion, comparing to see the real one with searching a picture online is more electrifying.

No comments:
Post a Comment